Guest Post Book Reviewer
Shandy Wheaton is not only an avid reader, but also a worshipper and one who chases after God with all of her heart, soul, mind and strength.
About The Book
In this eye-opening book, Susie Larson shows how intertwined our emotional, spiritual, and physical health are. Spiritual difficulties can have physical consequences, and physical illnesses can have emotional and even spiritual ramifications. So in order for true healing to occur, it must happen holistically–mind, body, and spirit.
- replace defeating thoughts with redemptive ones
- overcome stress and embrace God’s peace
- deal with the “I can’ts” embedded in our soul
- trade unhealthy habits for new life-giving practices
We cannot keep ignoring the mental and/or emotional symptoms trying to get our attention. Fully Alive is an uplifting guide for anyone who longs to know the health, freedom, and wholeness that Jesus wants for us.
About the Author
Susie Larson is a popular media voice, author, and national speaker. A veteran of the fitness field, she has twice been voted a top-ten finalist for the John C. Maxwell Transformational Leadership Award. Susie and her husband live near Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Release Date: October 2018
When I picked up this book to read, I at first thought it would be “another book about not having enough faith to be healed”. Reading it however, I found a book unlike any other surrounding the topic of “Learning to flourish – Mind, Body & Spirit”. Susie Larson uses some of her own story of dealing with illness to help guide the reader in some practical tools for changing the way you think, speak and act in the midst of your struggle and the impact those things can have on how your body aligns with the word and truth of God.
Being someone dealing with a chronic illness, I was able to work through the different sections of questions:
- Pursue Healing -Pray for a miracle – offers a focus theme with scripture, ending with a Prayer surrounding that theme
- Soul Searching – Gives truth in scripture, as well as questions about how it applies to your life.
- Spiritual Reset – Uses the acronym PRAISE to guide you through Prayer.
- Digging Deeper – Gives more scripture dedicated to the theme, followed by deeper questions causing you to go deeper.
These tools allow you to reflect on your life, read scripture, and dig deep.
This book was an easy read! Highly recommend anyone going through trials or struggles to pick this up, not just to read, but work through to help navigate through the pain. You can go as deep as you want with it.
Enjoy the read!
Special thanks to Graf-Martin Communications for supplying review copy.